Arizona School Tax Credit:
- Taxpayers are eligible to receive a tax credit of up to $200.00 for a single taxpayers or heads of household, and $400.00 for married taxpayers filing a joint return. The credit is equal to the contribute amount or the fees paid. The credit is a dollar-for-dollar reduction in state taxes. This means a contribution is FREE to most taxpayers. The tax dollars which would go to the state, without the contribution, go directly to our school.
- To qualify for the credit a taxpayer must make cash contributions or pay fees for qualified activities directly to AESS.
- Contributions will help AESS reduce cost for each activity, increase the selection of activities, and provide more students with access to extracurricular activities. A contributor to the Extracurricular General Fund is not required to have a child attending ALL to receive the credit.
- Qualifying activities and programs include but are not limited to:
- Academic Extracurricular Activities.
- Testing fees paid to AESSfor the SAT, PSAT, ACT, or AP tests.
- Preparation courses and materials for standardized testing
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation training pursuant to A.R.S. § 15-718.01 W
- Trips for competitive events.
- Fees paid for supplemental activities such as“After School Homework Helper,”
- Equipment usefees, laboratory fees,
- Or any school sponsored extracurricular activity that requires enrolled students to pay a fee qualifies for the credit as long as it is not purely recreational.
- Credits may reduce a tax liability to zero. Any unused amounts can be carried forward for not more than five consecutive taxable years.
- Beginning in 2016, fees and contributions made to AESS from January 1 through April 15 may be used as a tax credit on the prior year’s tax return.
- Claiming the Arizona School Tax Credit will leave you in a tax neutral position. That is, you’ll pay the same amount whether you use the tax credits or just pay the tax. By donating, you determine how your money is spent.
- Arizona School Tax Credits count as charitable contributions and may be deducted on federal returns.
Please phone or inquire in the main office for more information.